Who would have thought God’s saving power would look like this? Isaiah 53:1(MSG)

I remember before I knew God, Christians used to tell me about what Jesus did for me on the cross, I would think and say to them how crazy it sounded. Why would God allow himself to be beaten, whipped and nailed to a cross? Nailed to a cross? That's crazy talk I would say to them. "If he was God, why wouldn't he just jump of the cross and destroy everyone who was trying to get rid of him?"

It really is foolishness to people who don't know God, who don't understand what Jesus did. And even though at the time when people where telling me about Jesus, I argued and believed that they where nuts. I am glad that they told me. More than glad.

Remembering one particular moment in my life before I knew God, I was in quite a bad place. My brother said to me "you know Jesus can help you," and I said in reply "Jesus put me here!". I thought he was crazy. God can help me in this?

"The Message that points to Christ on the cross seems like sheer silliness to those hellbent on destruction, but to those on the way to Salvation it makes perfect sense." 1 Corinthians 1:18.

My point is this. When I am telling people about Jesus, I usually fully expect them to think that I am nuts. But I do it anyway. I do it anyway because the Message of the cross sounded crazy to me when I  heard it and for 22 years after that. But I now thank God so much for those 'crazy Christians'. Because the words and the message that made no sense to me, God made come alive at the right time.

Those words those Christians spoke to me where seeds. Just like seeds that are planted in the dirt and in darkness, the Message of Jesus was planted in me. Until the time when God made it grow. Just like a seedling sprouts from the darkness and into the light, the Truth about the cross made sense when Jesus brought me out of my darkness and into His light.

It was now wisdom to me and not foolishness. An abundant display of God's love and a total realisation of how Jesus can get me out of this mess.




Please remember to comment and share!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Santa v Jesus.

“Build their faith”

What's your calling?