"I will strengthen you and help you"- God Isaiah 41


When Jesus made salvation plain to me when I was 21-22 years old, it was literally life changing. It was pretty intense and so real to me. But, if you asked some people that I knew, what I was like before I encountered Jesus, they would paint a very anti God picture of me. 

I went to a private Christian High School. I was made to sit through chapel every morning, I had to go to scripture classes, we even had a scripture camp in year 8. Talk about boring. My parents were not Christian, I didn't attend church, even on special occasions and I hated people walking around talking about God. I would even take my lunch break to go to Christian information sessions to argue with Christians and tell them that they were bonkers. 

People persisted and were patient with me. Thank God. But the good part is when I finally turned to God, people who knew me where in shock, even the Christians who had preached the gospel to me. One high school buddy who was Christian even commented to my brother saying "Jay? Your brother Jay? The same Jay who hates Christians?" Funny. 

'So is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it." - God Isaiah 55:11

I remember the first time I shared Jesus with someone. Boy was it nerve wrecking. I was so excited about it and had no idea how to 'share it properly'. So, I just did it the best way I knew how at the time. I fully expected that person to accept Jesus right there and then. But he didn't. Instead, he told my work mates and they all had a good time ridiculing me! Praise God His Word never has zero impact. 

Even though that happened to me 11 years ago to the very first person I shared the Gospel with, I keep going. This is not to say I wasn't shattered, but I remember what people's perseverance meant for my life and that picks me back up. God's Word had 100% impact on me even if I didn't 'get' it for years after I heard it. Because I kept and keep going, I have seen salvations just like mine and I know the best harvest is still to come.

So to sum this up, if you have kept silent from sharing Jesus because you have been rejected by those you shared Him with, or because that person presents themselves as someone who would never be a believer or belittles Christians or is so broken you would say 'not even God could' help them I say this; don't keep silent, try again. Tell people about Jesus from the Love that you felt from God when you realized the truth about Jesus.



Please remember to comment and share!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Santa v Jesus.

“Build their faith”

What's your calling?